Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Changes

I never wanted to be "mom", but when I fell in love with my husband 6+ years ago I knew I would have to accept his children if I wanted to be a part of his life. At first, we believed that I would be able to pass off most of the parenting to him. However, as time passed we found that it was not possible to keep me out of the "parenting" mix, even though the kids were only with us on the weekends.

As of Christmas day(G,13, and J,10) are with us full time. My husband(H), while a stay-at-home-dad, is dealing with new mental issues resulting from an accident at work, so I am finding that I have to step in to the "mom" role more and more often.

At this point, I think it may be best to wait for the dust to settle from the holidays and see where we are left standing then. There are going to be some major differences between how their mother's house was run vs how we keep ours, as well as just dealing with the stress from the sudden change.

Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment